Pears, Carrots, and Craisins, Oh My! Eat My (Turkey) Loaf.
|Dissected Loaf Glory|
*Oh, and I never measure anything, so my documentation is by no means a procedural recipe. I know, I gave up the "baker" dream a long time ago.
- diced and grated carrot (one stalk - are they called stalks?)
- diced peeled pear (a soft one)
- diced onion (a small one)
- grated garlic (3 cloves)
- grated fresh ginger root (a finger-tip's length)
- oats (a handful or two - bear in mind I have small hands)
- craisins (as many as look pretty)
- garlic powder
- ground pepper
- small can of tomato sauce (8 oz?)
|Plated with tarragon-lemon steamed broccoli, zucchini, and yellow squash, and field green salad tossed with cannellini beans, tomatoes, avocado, and cucumbers.|
This is one of those times where the creative cat in me produced a surprisingly tasty twist on a traditional (sometimes not so tasty) staple. So don't fear the loaf! Mold that meat when its ground-up state begs the question: what will I be today?